Shadbolt accessible doors
Legislation and building regulations require reasonable provision in both new and existing buildings to make them accessible to everyone. Design and specification of doors and doorsets for accessibility must take into account factors such as clear widths, maximum opening forces, correctly positioned glazing to provide through visibility, suitable ironmongery for ease of use, and visual contrast.
The standard Shadbolt construction and purpose-made manufacturing mean that we can supply accessible doors as standard, whilst meeting performance requirements for fire and smoke protection, acoustics etc.
- Wider doors can be made without loss of performance.
- Various alternative opening arrangements where space is limited, such as sliding or folding doors.
- The same stability and mechanical performance as standard doors.
- If required, the same fire and acoustic performance as standard doors.
- Vision panels can be fitted without loss of performance.
SpaceSaver doors have an offset folding action which requires less opening space and so provides more flexibility in layout where space is restricted. See SpaceSaver doors for more information.