ACOUSTIC DOORS AND DOORSETS
Shadbolt acoustic doors and doorsets are purpose-made to provide superior appearance combined with good or excellent sound insulation in a wide range of applications.
- Standard Shadbolt doors and doorsets fitted with perimeter seals can provide good sound insulation up to 35dB SRI Rw.
For special applications high-performance acoustic doors up to 43dB SRI Rw can be supplied, with the same level of features and performance.
See Acoustic doorset range table for a summary.
- Acoustic performance is confirmed by a wide range of tests, generally carried out on normally operable doors fitted with non-specialist ironmongery.
- High performance doors may require powered operation to comply with Building Regulations Part M, see Acoustic seals below.
- Doors can be used to comply with the requirements of Building Regulations Part E for dwellings, and Schools Building Bulletin 93.
- Normally supplied as doorsets complete with frames, in order to provide an assurance that the required acoustic performance will be achieved on site.
- Acoustic doors may also be fire resisting FD30 or FD60, with matching appearance.
- FD90 and FD120 doors can be supplied with a lower acoustic performance.
- Available in the same choice of veneers and finishes as standard doors irrespective of acoustic performance, and can be matched to non-acoustic and fire doors throughout a scheme.
- Matching or complementing acoustic wall and ceiling panelling, see Acoustic wall linings.
- Available in a very extensive size range as single or double doors.
- Can be used with carpet or sheet/tile floor finishes.
- Glazed apertures can be provided whilst retaining good acoustic performance.
- Manufactured using environmentally friendly and sustainable materials.
Shadbolt acoustic doors are suitable for a wide range of projects including:
High performance doors are particularly suited to, for example, corporate office suites, directors' offices, boardrooms, auditoriums, lecture theatres, and in locations where matching to other doors is important, eg plant rooms, lift motor rooms opening from office suites.