Doors are normally fully finished in controlled conditions in our works to ensure high quality. The range of finishes is summarised below.
Most options are available for any type of door leaf without affecting performance, so that a matched and co-ordinated appearance can be achieved for all doors in a building. Door leaves can also be matched to wall panels, skirtings, trims etc, and complementary or contrasting finishes may be used for frames.
For more information see Finishes and substrates.
Factory-applied finishes for veneered door leaves are:
- Semi-matt lacquer
- Specula high-gloss clear polyester finish
- Paintmaster enamel satin lacquer finish in any BS, NCS or RAL colour
- Stained and finished with semi-matt lacquer
- Tinted and finished with semi-matt lacquer
- Limed and finished with semi-matt lacquer
Other effects include decorative inlays, stile and rail effect achieved by changes in the direction of grain of the veneer, panelled effect achieved by the use of applied mouldings and quartered veneer.
- Patina high-gloss sprayed polyester lacquer finish
- Signal semi-matt sprayed polyurethane lacquer finish. Both Patina and Signal are available in any BS, RAL, NCS or Dulux Colour Dimensions colour.
- Laminates: Any colours or patterns of plastic laminate can be used from any major UK suppliers.
- Patterns and inlays: patterned door leaves using a combination of different coloured laminates, or combining wood veneers with coloured laminate inlays, to customers' designs.
- High impact PVC facings.
For finishing by others
Doors may also be supplied with a range of facings including wood veneer for painting, clear finishing, staining or lacquering by others.