JUTE MUSEUM, WEST HENDERSON'S WYND, DUNDEE
The Verdant Works, built in 1833, are the only dedicated jute museum in the United Kingdom. They tell the story of Dundee's textile industries, focusing primarily on jute and linen. The production of textiles was the dominant industry in Dundee, directly employing half the working population by the end of the 19th century, as well as many more thousands in associated trades. Dundee supplied the majority of the world's demand for jute products. The museum was voted European Industrial Museum of the Year in 1999, and the building was given Category A listed building status by Historic Scotland in 1987. In September 2015 a new section of the museum was opened after an extensive restoration, for which Shadbolt supplied FSC Douglas Fir doors with decorative feature grooves.