SpaceSaver doors have an offset folding action with a much smaller opening arc than a conventional door. This provides greater flexibility in layout design of disabled access, especially where space is limited.
- Wider doorways can be provided even in restricted spaces, giving easier access for both wheelchair users and ambulant disabled persons.
- Extra space around the door minimises obstruction when open, eg in corridors and lobbies, and where there are sets of doors close together.
- Easy to operate
- Standard robust and stable leaf construction.
- Supplied as a complete, fully finished doorset with frame, door gear and ironmongery.
- Doorsets are purpose-made and details can be varied to suit requirements.
- For WCs and bathrooms, non-vision features include a rebate at the hinge, and a frame slot for the door leading edge.
- For circulation routes, vision panels can be included.
- Available as FD30 door assemblies with suitable ironmongery (subject to project-specific assessment); refer to email@example.com
SpaceSaver door leaves have the standard Shadbolt construction, with the necessary hinge and track hardware fitted. In addition ironmongery such as handles, latches, locks, indicators, and door closers can be fitted as required.
Vision panels can generally be included without loss of performance.
Door leaves are purpose-made to sizes required. Consult Shadbolt for confirmation of available sizes before specifying.
Maximum sizes for latched door assemblies are as follows:
Main leaf - 2100mm x 900mm
Side leaf - 2100mm x 450mm