SHADBOLT VENEER MANAGEMENT
Many prestigious buildings use wood veneers in a variety of ways - for doors, partitions, panelling, linings, fixed and loose furniture. Usually these applications are allocated to different sub-contractors, who will source their veneer independently.
But veneers, even of the same species, will often differ considerably in appearance, depending on their source, detracting from the overall effect.
Veneer Management is a new method of controlling the process to overcome this problem. Shadbolt takes responsibility for procuring all the veneers for a project, planning the veneer matching in all applications, and allocating veneers to sub-contractors to ensure that they are used as planned. Thus the designer can achieve full aesthetic control, even in the largest projects. Veneer procurement is rationalised and simplified, with a unified responsibility for finished appearance and aesthetic quality. Working in partnership reduces mistakes and avoids conflict between trades.
We recommend consultation at an early stage in a project to obtain maximum benefit from our services and to allow adequate time for selection and procurement of veneers. Our Veneer Management scheme is under the personal control of directors of our family-run company. Please contact Simon Shadbolt or Paul Shadbolt to discuss your requirements.
- Veneer procurement is rationalised and simplified.
- We can obtain premium grade veneers at competitive prices.
- We can ensure that adequate supplies of veneer are reserved well in advance.
- There is a unified responsibility for finished appearance and aesthetic quality.
- Working in partnership reduces mistakes and avoids conflict between trades.
Our Unique Experience
We believe Shadbolt are unique in being able to offer such a complete service, thanks to -
- Our long history of veneer sourcing and buying.
- Our technical skills in manufacturing high quality veneered products.
- Our expertise in planning themed veneer schemes.
- Our experience of working with other manufacturers and contractors.
- Our CAD facilities for preparing veneer layouts.
- We are experts in the field of veneer, independent of the joinery trade.
Our vast experience enables us to advise designers on suitable veneers for a project on the basis of appearance, availability, quality and cost, making use of our extensive veneer stocks. Finished samples can be provided as required.
Shadbolt will be responsible for sourcing veneers, ensuring that sufficient quantities are available at competitive prices, and controlling the quality of the supply.
We can also control veneer matching for the whole project. Every veneered component can be given a unique bar-coded identity, keyed to location and elevation drawings, and maintained throughout production and delivery to site.
Production of veneered components is allocated in the normal way, eg by competitive tendering or nomination. Batches of veneer are assigned to the selected sub-contractors by Shadbolt.